Chickpea Cookie Dough (Vegan)
This is one of my favourite sweet treats to make! I always eat way too much of it and feel sick, but if you're more sensible than me you can enjoy it properly.
All you need is:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp your favourite nut butter - I usually use peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (if you don't have this just leave it out doesn't matter than much)
- about 120g of chocolate chips (or however many you want, I just put the whole bag in)
- 3tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
Optional extra: some chopped nuts and raisins
1. Combine the chickpeas, nut nutter, vanilla extract and syrup in whatever blender you have. If you want a really smooth cookie dough use a hand blender to make sure you get all the chickpeas.
2. Mix in the chocolate chips, nuts and raisins (if you're adding them)
Thats it! Sometimes I drizzle with melted chocolate or chocolate sauce if I have any.