Pumpkin Custard Tart Recipe (super easy)
Pumpkins and squashes are for all of winter not just Halloween! And I am definitely not over them.
This is basically a custard tart with pumpkin added in! So I made this up a bit by accident... but it tastes good, has all the autumnal feels, and really is very simple to make.
You will need:
- Pastry base (I made my own pastry for this just with dairy free butter, flour and water, but you can just buy a ready made one to make it even easier!)
- cup of pureed pumpkin (again I just steamed pumpkin and blitzed, but you could also buy a can of ready to go pumpkin)
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp brown sugar (add more to taste! depends how sweet you want it)
- 2 large eggs
- nutmeg (or cinnamon if you prefer)
- toasted pumpkin seeds (for decorating, leave out if you don't like seeds)
If you are making your own pastry, do this first and blind bake for about 10 mins.
Combine the pumpkin, syrup, eggs and brown sugar - mix until fully blended together.
Pour mixture into the pastry base.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake in oven at 180 degrees for about 20minutes or until the mixture has set
Take out and decorate with seeds.